Sunday 20 November 2011

Gossip Girls


(The She Thing)

Gossip is the most easily associable 'she phenomena'. It’s like a fire that spreads...& it’s just never ending :) when it comes to women & gossip there's simply no boundary, no barrier & no wall that can kill this bonding! Any part of the country...from Kashmir to Kanyakumari...from Assam to Kutchh...any part of the world...from America to Japan...talk about a women being shy or hesitant but She'z ever ready to open her mouth to GOSSIp! What's happening with the neighbours & even what's happening with the strangers...women just can’t stop discussing. It’s like a stomach pain which can only be cured by blurting out the latest wasted events & analyzing their effects...if's & but's & relations & entanglements...& every impossible relations with the most irrelevant stances!
Don't overjudge me as a sexist...i’m a female too!
But lemme give you a live example..
"on my way to agra from delhi on board of the Bhopal Shatabdi my seat landed across three Punjabans, 2 women & a girl from neo rich families, society conscious enough who seem to have landed from the many many bollywood films like the bride & prejudice, bend it like beckham (with a well dressed sophisticated look)
We exchanged looks...nothing in particular! (no warmth & no grudges)
They were long engrossed in their gossip sessions concerning mutual friends & relatives & the unending cosmetic problems...(*tough job* eh! ) while my mum & I were keenly reading through the half a dozen newspapers that lay untouched on the table (versatility to the edges). Amidst the opposite activities across the tables my mum whispered in my ear, these are those Filmy kinda so called sophisticated Punjabans who love gossiping & spending their husbands earnings. I thought that this point hardly mattered, & chose to ignore the kind of biased comment. Ultimately their gossip seemed to be out of our minds.

But then all of a sudden I realised a sense of stiffness in the air when the tea set was served. Being a coffee-holic I requested for a coffee instead, a li'l after their daughter did. Her aunt made her coffee. But there was a surprise whisper (loud enough for me to hear) when I poured my entire re.1 satchet of nescafe in the warm water served in the cup. The comment was- Usne to poora packet hi daal diya coffee ka; dekh Ab itni kadvi lagegi Ki pee hi nahi payegi!
*stunned* *mixed emotions*...
I was totally taken back...this was the OMG moment! Did they ever drink coffee?? Are they mad??
Empty minded I thought! But ya, one comment was strong enough to ignite the urge to comment something; if not on their faces at least to my mum! To add fuel my mum started talking to me in a very unnatural tone and in Marathi! That was it…I chose to ignore them; hoping they’d shut up! Dint respond back to my mum too…
& ultimately got into writing this small piece off blog just to share very acceptingly the gossip girl phrase that has been a long famous tradition!!!
And even as I continue to type this on my phone…all the three ladies sitting right across the table are making endless points and efforts to discuss out grave issues like which brand to choose for a certain cosmetic & who has the costlier one! Whose husband is better and how everything is ready at their disposal!
Is it life that has seen too much of them or is it they who have ignored much of life that exists around them?

May be this explains me why haven’t I heard of the GOSSIP GUYS!  ;)

As I’m a step away from uploading it, the scene of experience still makes me grin… hats off to all the women in the world who make the WORLD OF GOSSIP! J

~URS~

3 comments:

  1. Dont u do so?????????????


    But nicely expressed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! i definitely gossip!!! only my topics differ...from cricket..to bollywood & politics..
    cosmetics...brands & relatives bore me! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmmm parampara a "CRITIC"!!

    nice

    ReplyDelete